Have you experienced an increase in social media search requests? As attorneys become more likely to turn to social media during their informal discovery processes, I have found an uptick in questions like: “could you please do a social media background check on this person?” This is a growing information need I believe law librarians are excellently suited to fill, and really the next generation of public records search requests. Through conducting these searches and by leaning on the expertise of others I have put together my own toolkit on tricks to use. Below I list methods incorporating Google advanced search terms to conduct searches on Facebook quickly and with high relevancy (Part 2 of this series, where I discuss using advanced searches in Twitter, is available here). Continue reading
Search this Site
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @ryanzhelp @norwind @notinmy 11 hours ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… 1 day ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… 2 days ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @ArapahoeLibrary @LIICornell @hacklibschool 3 days ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @ryanzhelp @johnxlibris @CILIPScotland 4 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.