Welcome to a new year and a new iBraryGuy. Just over a year old now, we have been listening to your feedback and considering your suggestions. Our New Year’s Resolution? We want to bring you more of the news and features that interest you – library and information professionals – throughout 2011. And we want to do it in a way that is both intellectually engaging and visually pleasing. We are pleased today to unveil our newest incarnation!
The new iBraryGuy is cleaner and more streamlined to help you get to the content faster and with fewer distractions. WordPress continues to be our platform of choice as it gives us the most control and functionality. We have, however, spruced up the template and cut out the fluff. iBraryGuy remains ad-free! Come see our new look and let us know what you think.
The new iBraryGuy is not just about looks however. We are unveiling some new features in the days ahead as well. In addition to the news and reviews you have come to expect from us, our goal is to bring you MORE in 2011. Here is some of what you can expect:
- More News Coverage: We have chosen Pinyadda as our primary source for sharing information and library industry news. They make posting the news quick and easy, as well as provide us with a forum by which we can weigh in on what is happening. So you can expect more frequent news items from the iBraryGuy team daily.
- More Opinion: We are excited to introduce the Wednesday Soapbox! One day each week is now dedicated to not just delivering news and reviews, but also delivering thoughtful and hard-hitting commentary on the latest. We will be welcoming some guest authors here as well as delivering our own weekly rants and raves.
- More Event Reporting: With iBraryGuyOTR (On the Road), you will be able to keep updated with what is going on at major library events around the world. If you want iBraryGuy to cover one of your events, just let us know!
- More FUN!: We all like to laugh once in awhile. By the time Fridays roll around, we tend to really need a little levity. We are designating the last day of the standard work week as Friday Fun. Expect to see sites that will make you smile and hopefully, for a few minutes, forget just how taxing the week may have been.
- More You: We work in an amazing industry that is full of fascinating people. We are not just saying that to butter you up or because we want you to read our blog (and we do!). We mean it! We love our librarians and info pros and we want to share you with the world. Each month, we will be profiling one of you . . . one of our very own. We call this new series “PROFiLES” and will be launching it this month! Stay tuned!
The iBraryGuy team is ready and raring to go in this new year. We thank all of you for your support throughout our infancy and for helping us grow. If you like what we do, please share our link and our Twitter feed with your colleagues. Together, we can make 2011 a successful year for all of us!
The iBraryGuy Team