Whether you are a law librarian, lawyer, law student, or just someone who works with legal information, the iBraryGuy has a hot tip to make your work just a little bit easier. Actually, the Jureeka! plugin was a hot tip that came to us and with just a little bit of investigation, we found ourselves impressed! Jureeka!, true to its name, is real revelation! A plugin / extension for the Firefox and Google Chrome browsers, it is designed to turn the legal citations on the pages you view into actual links to the cases, statutes, and other primary sources themselves. It does so simply, seamlessly, and rather powerfully. We should also mention that it couldn't be much easier to use. You install it and let it run in the background. There is an optional toolbar that you can use within your browser to look up cases and items by citation (doig so returns a hyperlink to the material), covert PDFs to html documents with citation links, report bugs, and even tag legal information. You do not need the toolbar, however, to have Jureeka! turn the citations on web pages into links. The added functionality is up to you. So where does Jureeka! get its cases and materials and just how good is the coverage? Well, according to the creator's blog, it links out to materials hosted by public sources such as Precydent, Public Library of Law, Justia, and others. It essentially searches the web for cases and materials, saving you the time and trouble. As for coverage, it is fairly impressive, providing links for US federal and state materials, international law, specific US law reviews, and even materials unique to the UK and Australia. You can find detailed information on dates of coverage and sources here. Jureeka! was created and is maintained by Michael Poulshock, a public interest lawyer located in Pennington, NJ. It is currently only available for Firefox and Google Chrome, but is essentially available for free . . . though donations to help Mr. Poulshock maintain Jureeka! are welcome.
Search this Site
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @ILoveLibraries @CMLawLibrary @librarymistress 4 hours ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @kama_sue @nationalbook @KateSherrill 1 day ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @SLAhq @librarianchat @BNBuzz 2 days ago
- The Daily INFOrmant is out! paper.li/ibraryguy/libr… Stories via @LawLibCongress @heroineinabook @gordonbelt 3 days ago
- Thanks to all the amazing speakers, @thomsonreuters, & chief tweeter @AndrewArruda for an inspiring day! #ELTF17 4 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.